Friday, June 13, 2008

What a world, what a world.

We are having a group of users come to our facility next week for a conference. As a result, I was asked to remove the following comics (show here in the order they were asked to removed) from my cubicle wall for the duration of the conference, in order to keep from offending anyone:

http://www.marriedtothesea.com/022406/never-reveal.jpg
http://www.marriedtothesea.com/102406/extinction-theory.gif
http://www.marriedtothesea.com/092306/charles-darwin-and-the-magic-hat.gif
http://www.marriedtothesea.com/031306/no-bread.jpg

The following passage from Romeo and Juliet is still laying open on my desk, and I have not been asked to close the book, or remove it, even though I read it aloud yesterday morning to great laughter:

Sam: A dog of the house of Montague moves me.
Gre: To move is to stir and to be valiant is to stand. Therefore, if thou art moved, thou runnest away.
Sam: A dog of that house shall move me to stand. I will take the wall of any man or maid of Montague's.
Gre: That shows thee a weak slave. For the weakest goes to the wall.
Sam: Tis true, and therefore, women being the weaker vessels are ever thrust to the wall. Therefore I will push Montague's men from the wall and thrust his maids to the wall.
Gre: The quarrel is between our masters and us their men.
Sam: Tis all one. I will show myself a tyrant when I have fought with the men: I will be cruel with the maids. I will cut off their heads .
Gre: The heads of the maids?
Sam: Ay, the heads of the maids, or their maidenheads. Take it in what sense thou wilt.
Gre: They must take it in sense that feel it.
Sam: Me they shall feel while I am able to stand, and tis known I am a pretty piece of flesh.
Gre: Tis well thou art not fish if thou hadst thou hadst been poor John . . . .

Take that for what thou wilt.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Huh, those are some of the less racey MTTSs too.

All of the comics on my wall are tech-related and tend to go over pretty well. Haven't been asked to take down any yet, thankfully.

Anonymous said...

Your boss sucks!

Thanks for attempting to share our comics, though. :)