Thursday, September 18, 2008

Some pictures of Minsk.

Some places feel like home, even if you've only been there a short time. Even though I was only there for a couple years, Minsk will always be one of those places for me. I'll try not to over-romanticize it. Not tell you know green it is in the spring. How there is a park where every turn is just flowers and trees so you can get lost there. How the tramvi stops in Yanka Kupala square and you used to be able to walk to the Komarovski Market and there was Pengvin ice cream in kiwi and strawberry and mango.

Anyway, here are some pictures of home I found on English Russia today: http://englishrussia.com/?p=2052

1 comment:

ThePilgrimage said...

I totally feel this sentiment. I haven't spent nearly as much time there as you have, but I like it too. I would talk about the pop bottles that came with straws and the standard marble/concrete decoration style, but that's just trivial compared to the people there. now you've made me sad. I have to go look at my pictures now.