Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bigger than a The Beatles reunion, tour, I kid you not.

I watched the first, say, 30 episodes of Rosie O'Donnell's daytime TV show. Weird, I know. But it was funny and fresh back in the day, and she shot koosh balls at the audience, and koosh balls rule. I thought to myself at the time, "If I'm ever famous, when I'm doing the talk show circuit, I will go on Rosie's show, and be like, I saw all the first episodes of your show. I am not a poser, or whatever. Also, can I have a Koosh?"

Around the same time, watching a lot of talk shows, I noticed that people with a thing to plug had a very clear path ahead of them. Laid out by publicists and their ilk. You had to go on all these shows, and some had good interviewers (Letterman (we didher show like Jonathon Ross; it'll be HUGE)) and some had terrible interviewers (Has any guest ever gotten a full interesting sentence out in the presense of Regis Philbin?). You'd see someone on a popular morning show on Monday, and by Friday they'd pop up after midnight. I remember thinking to myself, "If I'm ever famous, I will go on the best shows first, rather than save them for last. So, for example, Leno and Letterman and especially the Today Show could wait, Imo goin' on Conan day one."

All that to say, omygosh you guys, Andy Richter's gonna be on the Tonight Show with Conan. Squee!

3 comments:

Juliet said...

He's going to be the the announcer! (Andy Richter) Woot!

Sadly, there is no new Conan until until June. Boo.

jill johnson said...

you watched 30 episodes of her show? seriously? you'll watch that by yourself but we have to catch up on lost and the office and see movies, and it's always a timothy taffy pull to make that happen. dude. really?

niketaaa said...

i didn't read it.
but i'm so glad you have updated!
wheeeeee!