Friday, April 4, 2008

Never Gonna Give You Up.

I woke up this morning, a little groggy, but much awaker than I have been the rest of the week. Jill and I have been having a very hard time getting good sleep as of late. Sometimes we find ourselves awake at the same time in the middle of the night, and have conversations like, "I'm going to pee," and "Get me some water while you're up."

But this morning, I rolled out, showered, and dressed, all the while plotting today's blog post. It's Friday, and we take fewer calls. So I'd have plenty of time. I haven't written as much lately as I'd like. As I emerged from the closet, I had it. I had two recent events, tied together with another thought I'd been having lately, all shooting on ahead to a larger idea I'd been wanting to talk about. It was gonna be good. Not too long, but real punchy and relevant. Genius, I thought.

But now I can't remember it.

I've spent at least 20 minutes in silence today, trying to rework what it was, not to mention other thinking times throughout the rest of the day, and a couple of times trying to trick myself into remembering by playing a video game until I got lost in it, and then jumping out and thinking nonchalantly about writing. I took several hours off and thought nothing of blogging or writing or deep stuff. Went to lunch with Nicholas, read some webcomics, played some Chrono Trigger . . . nothing. I even drank some delicious green tea with lemongrass and mint that Dan gave me. But all to no avail. Maybe it'll come to me tomorrow.

It was something about . . .

See I tried to type just there to see if it would just come. Rats.

So, in lieu of my brilliance, here's some YouTube video brilliance. nothing too profound, but worth hearing from time to time. (And no, it's not our old friend Rick.): Music and Life

Oh. And as I completed that link, I just TOTALLY remembered what the idea was from this morning. Haha. I'll get back to you on that. Should be good.

No comments: