Friday, March 7, 2008

Jones and Eric's of a Friday

6:59: After several minutes of trying to connect to some distant open wireless network, here I am at the Jonesquist's. Brianna had a funeral in Topeka today, so she is here. Those who are here without death-related reasons: Jones and Eric and Brett and Steve and Katie and Adam and Jill and me. We are making pizza pocket things for dinner. They look delicious. Brett and I played catch with a large, tentacled, green ball. Eric and Jones challenged Jill and I to living room chicken, but it was deemed too dangerous. Pah. Eric kissed the goldfish in the tank, which is gross.

7:04: The pizza pockets are being assembled as we speak. I ask how we will tell them apart if they are all on the same tray. Apparently, Jones's is the throwing up one, and Brianna's is a Y. She says that Jill should make a knot, so it can say "Why Not?"

7:13: Finished making my pizza pocket thing. It is round and fat. Most others are burrito-esqe.


7:14: Eric regales us with a story of trying to thumbs-down all non-Beatles songs on a Pandora station. This will not work, apparently, as they limit the number of thumbs-downs you can do to a single station to 100.


7:39; We have talked a lot about baseball for the last several minutes. The conversation lulled, and Adam was reading Calvin and Hobbs and Jill and Jones sat in the corner looking at photo albums. Katie rekindled the baseball conversation by saying, "Let's talk about baseball again." Pizza pockets are supposed to be ready . . . now

8:05: Jeremy F. calls. He's been following the liveblogging, and he shall arrive soon with Juliet. The various pizza pockets came out great, and many-shaped. There was my UFO, and Eric's long john, and a couple of burritos, Brett's almost open face square, and a quad-sized pizza roll that Eric made with the last of the dough.

8:13: the baseball conversation continues near the couches/fishtank/my laptop next to the fishtank. The rest of the conversation has expanded around the dinner table to include dates that Brianna remembers and a red bell pepper.

8:18: Brianna is so mad she could poop a goat. I have no idea why. She is at the table, and I am am participating in the baseball conversation. Why, I don't know; I know little about the sport.

8:19: Eric is making a deviled egg. I also have no idea about why.


8:34: What is the Emergent Church?

8:35: I eat the deviled egg.

8:37: Even in an individual size portion, a deviled egg is delicious.

8:40: Some Fords arrive. Not shocked at Brianna's presence. Having been following the liveblog.

9:03: Haiku of the the moment:

Metal ball, spiked, dwells
in a cylindrical cage.
Find the egress? Solved!

9:24: The anti-baseball contingent wins out and we devolve to watching youtube videos. But first, we watch the light switch rave Strong Bad email. Then we watch some laughing babies, and some Pearl the Landlord.

9:34: “Hi, I'm a Christian.”

“And I'm a Christ-follower.”

9:36: Juliet she says she took a nap; she's good to go.

10:13: My tenuous grip on the neighbor's internet failed quite a while ago. Finally was able to get back going. Katie and Steve left early. We shall now follow suit as Ludo plays in the lapground.

2 comments:

jill johnson said...

hey, i remember this!

grace said...

i was TOTALLY there...