Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Since I haven't written about it in a few weeks.

I was up late last night doing taxes with Adam and Sam. A tax party as it were. Doing, but not finishing, since there's something odd going on with my W-2 where income was reported to Missouri and Kansas in such a way as to indicate I randomly made a third more than I did. Also, Missouri asks for information off of my federal return that is not only literally not on my federal return, but also is nearly impossible to calculate. That is, Jill's and my separate gross adjusted incomes. Given that we compile our incomes before adjusting them on the federal return, I have no idea how to apply those adjustments to our incomes separately.

And all of that excessive math problem folderol would all go away if people would have voted for Ron Paul. He was going to propose cutting the federal budget to year 2000 levels. Which would completely eliminate the federal income tax. You heard me. Completely eliminate it. As in I wouldn't have to look up any information that doesn't exist on a form since that form wouldn't exist. Where's your McHilliBama now?

(Or, I guess, as it'll be in about four hours: Where's your JoBarack now? Baracain? Bahn?)

I didn't write on the novel this morning; I woke up late. And when I tried to write before Adam came to pick me up, and at lunch, I was not able to concentrate. I'm uber-tired for some reason. Far beyond what 7 hours of sleep is supposed to feel like. Getting short with people on the phone. I managed to stave off the fierce desire to use caffeine for one more day. Only God knows how that happened. I came very close to grabbing a 20 oz of the ol' DMND out of the vending machines several times. Unfortunately, not much else I attempted today succeeded. Especially any semblance of coherent, let alone scintillating, prose. Feel like I haven't written well since I was on the stuff. It's a lot harder to get up for a good post in the morning. Since a good post takes most of the day. I got some water at last break. That helped. But not like a chemical stimulant.

3 comments:

Adam said...

When was the last time you were bored? Some call it a sabbatical, some call it a type of fast, some call it vacation, but sometimes, and in very flat, blunt terms, we need to disengage in such a way that we become bored. Then out of boredom we remember what we like about life and why we work so hard at it.

Brett said...

While Obama won't eliminate the IRS, he does have a plan to eliminate stupid tax filing...so there. I agree with Adam.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.